Are prospective clients slipping through your fingers?
If you’re a special event professional, small business owner, coach, consultant or other professional service provider, chances are you do some sort of free consultation. And if you’re doing a free consultation, chances are, unless you’ve worked at this, that you are giving away a whole bunch of information your prospect needs, perhaps to the point of “easing their pain” so well, that they no longer feel compelled to hire you.
Are prospective clients slipping through your fingers? If too many qualified prospects are leaving your consultations without hiring you, here are a couple of pointers to keep in mind:
- A free consultation is not the place to give away a lot of free information!
- It’s a place to learn about your prospects goals, challenges and obstacles.
- It’s a place to assess how you can help resolve their challenges
- It’s a place to determin how you help them to easily achieve their goals..
- It’s a place to let them know that you can help, that you’ve helped many others with the same type of challenges, problems and issues
- It’s a place to tell them that you have the solution to their problems and give them an overview of what you’ll do to help them, without telling them exactly HOW to do it. (after all that’s what you get paid to do!)
Achieve Your Business Goals This Year With The TSE Marketing & Coaching Group
This blog was designed to initiate an open conversation between The TSE Marketing & Coaching Group and you. We are a fully integrated Marketing, Business Coaching and Public Relations firm based outside of The Greater Philadelphia area. We work with small business owners, entrepreneurs and professionals all over the country that need an affordable, experienced and easy to work with company like ours. We hope you find our posts to be interesting, engaging and insightful. And, if you need a firm like ours — give us a call.
We are not ‘perfect or flawless’, we don’t have the corner on ‘creativity, strategy, knowledge’ or any other fluff that is so pervasive. We are what you see — a group of talented, hard working and creative business people who enjoy spreading the workd and helping to grow your company. We actually like working with one another. We are friends. We are humble, and remember where we came from — personally and professionally.
We are your best growth partner. We are your people. We are The TSE Marketing & Coaching Group
Please feel free to give us a call at 484-885-1000 or check us out online at TheTSEMarketingGroup.com and TheTSE CoachingGroup.com
7 Reasons Why You Need A Coach
1. Having A Life Coach Makes You More Accountable.
This is one of the biggest things that can help you by having a coach. You all of a sudden become more accountable to follow through on whatever you’re procrastinating on or stopping yourself from doing. We all place limits on ourselves. We all have limiting beliefs and patterns that are holding us back, preventing us from fulfilling our true potential. When you have a life coach that is there to push you beyond your limits and what you thought was possible, a breakthrough happens. Your entire belief system changes, and you take your life to another level.
Not only that, but most of us already KNOW WHAT TO DO… BUT DON’T DO WHAT WE KNOW. A life coach is someone that gets you to do it. They’re all about taking massive action. No stories. Only action and results. Without a coach, you’re only accountable to yourself – and that’s the problem for most people. When you’re only accountable to yourself, you can come up with stories and excuses of why you didn’t do it. With a coach, none of that stuff flies and suddenly you’re accountable to another human being, which forces you to show up at a higher level.
2. Having A Life Coach Saves You Time And Gets You Faster Results.
Time is the most scarce resource that exists. You can always make more money, but you can’t get more time. Yet, when we attempt to do things on our own we’re taking the long route and wasting that time away. This is simply because we don’t know the path ahead and what to expect.
Now, what if I told you that I could give you a GPS system that has the fastest, most efficient way through the jungle to reach your destination? Not only that, but if you get lost, there will be a helicopter that comes and picks you up and makes sure that you get there. How much time would you save? How much frustration, stress, and anxiety would you not have to go through because you already have a proven map? How much more enjoyable would the process be? This is what having a coach is like. They can give you the map because they’ve already been there before, therefor saving you a significant amount of time and get there that much faster. They know all the short-cuts, and they are there for you if you get lost to point you in the right direction.
3. Having A Coach Saves You Money.
When I first started a business, I had no clue what I was really doing. I thought I did, because I was reading books and consuming resources, but I still had no clue. Not having a clue what you’re doing essentially means you’re leaving a whole whack of money on the table that you could be making. That was the case for me. Not only that, but I was spending and wasting money in all the wrong areas, that wasn’t producing a return on investment. When I hired a business coach, he told me exactly what I needed to be doing and I listened. It was as simple as that. He gave me ideas I never thought of before, and made me BELIEVE that I could do it. As a result, I ended up making much more money. I followed his program, did exactly what I said, and I got results.
I can go on and on with so many other stories and experiences, but overall, I’ve saved thousands upon thousands of dollars by investing in a coach. When people say, “I can’t afford a coach”, my answer always is, “You can’t afford NOT to have one.”
4. Having A Coach Saves You Stress, Pain And Frustration.
I’ve already somewhat mentioned above how having a coach will save you stress and frustration. Why try to re-invent the wheel? It’s already been invented and it’ll be so much easier to just learn from someone that knows what they’re doing. The stress, pain and frustration that you’ll go through trying to figure things out on your own isn’t worth it.
5. Having A Coach Gives You Ideas You Never Thought Of.
Most good coaches have lots of experience and have seen what other entrepreneurs and people do. They have seen what works and what doesn’t. They want you to succeed because when you succeed so do thye. They want you to have massive results. Just give them your trust and let them help you win.
6. Having A Coach Gives You Insights Into Yourself.
I’ve learned so much about myself throughout the years by having a coach or mentor. One of the most valuable things are the lessons and insights you get about yourself. You’re always getting feedback and discovering more about yourself in the process. With the hundreds of clients that I’ve coached over the years, there are always patterns or behaviors that I notice that they aren’t even aware of. Sometimes it’s a story or limiting belief that they keep telling themselves again and again, which is holding them back. Other times, it’s a way that they carry themselves; their body language or a subtle way that they’re communicating that is putting people off, preventing them from having success.
A coach is able to point these things out and help you become aware of them, so that you can change them. Often it’s the little things that make a massive difference. I’ve seen incredible transformations within people just by making small changes to their way of thinking or how they are showing up. Most people you’re around on a daily basis won’t point out these things to you or give you feedback, but a good coach does. A good coach cares and is always honest with you.
7. Having A Life Coach Gives You A Stronger Sense Of Belief And Self-Confidence.
There are so many ways that we limit and hold ourselves back. There’s things that we WANT to do, but often aren’t doing simply because we don’t have the belief or confidence in ourselves. When my coach proposed to me that I compete in a fitness show, I was hesitant. I didn’t believe that I could do it, and thought it took a certain type of person with a level of discipline and commitment to make something like that happen. The truth is, I was scared. I let my fear consume me, and was lacking the confidence in myself that I could do it.
My coach made me aware of this limiting pattern and made me realize what I’m truly capable of. She believed in me, which gave me a strong level of belief and self-confidence within myself. As a result, I’ve gained so much in the process that I’ve already reached half of my goals. It’s been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, simply because I’ve grown so much as a human being throughout the journey. I’ve had to step up and raise my standards to an entirely new level.
The Best In The World Have A Coach… So Why Wouldn’t You?
The best of the best have a coach. The best golfer in the world, Tiger Woods, has a coach. Michael Jordan, the best basketball player of all time, had a coach. Barack Obama has coaches and advisors in his life. Wayne Gretzky. Lance Armstrong. Oprah Winfrey. Donald Trump. Bill Gates. Warren Buffet. Richard Branson. Tony Robbins. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Many of the top entertainers, musicians, performers, entrepreneurs, investors, and leaders on this planet have coaches. Successful people have coaches.
The reality is, people that are successful had coaches, mentors and role models along the way. Nobody did it on their own. People that think “I can do it on my own” will never make it. It’s a limiting belief – a story they tell themselves again and again, that is preventing them from having success.
It’s the same thing when people say, “I can’t afford it.” Whenever someone says that they can’t afford something or don’t have the money, it’s NEVER a matter of money. It always comes down to how committed they really are. If you are committed to something, you will find the way to make it happen. Think about it, if someone had a gun to your head and said “I need you to come up with $1000 by the end of the month or I will shoot you”, I’m 100% certain that you would find a way to come up with the money. It’s because you are committed to it. It’s that same level of urgency and commitment that you need to have in every other area of your life if you want to succeed.
There’s been many times in my life where I couldn’t afford a coach, or to attend a seminar, or to do something I wanted to do. But I didn’t let the belief of “I can’t afford it” hold me back. Instead, my belief has always been “I make the money for whatever I’m committed to.” And guess what? I always have. I’ve always found a way to be resourceful and come up with the money.
The truth is, you can’t afford not having a coach in your life. It’s costing you already way too much in your life. November Week #3 2014
Ways To Grow Your Social Media Following
You, just like many companies, are increasing your presence on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter in order to increase your business. However, you may not have a clue how to properly engage your audience and increase your social media following to really make a positive impact on your business. You need to run your social media sites properly, and not doing so many even result in a loss of business. In order to do that, here are five suggestions that you can use in order to increase your social media presence.
Give Something Away
This is the easiest way to get a lot of people talking about your social media page. Running a contest when you first start to promote your page is a great way to get people to your page and either following you or liking it. Once you do the initial campaign, you can then keep them wanting to come back for more by offering Internet only deals or coupons.
Engage the Audience
Once you start to get more and more people who are visiting your page, you now need to keep them involved and wanting them to come back more often. Companies that do this successfully often share pictures or product information that is relevant to the industry they are in. Also, giving out great advice or guides is another way to keep your new audience coming back to read and commenting about the advice that you give.
It is perfectly fine to post about the big end of the month sale, but make sure to limit that post to only a few times in a month. People who are constantly bombarded with links and sales promotions often tune out or stop following a company who does this too much. The people who like your page want to be treated like real people. A good ratio of posts to sales messages should be, at the very least, 5 normal messages to 1 sales message.
Advertise Your Social Pages
This can be done in a few different ways. The first way you can do this is post it at your place of business or on your business cards. You see it all the time where a company will say Like Us on Facebook through the use of TV commercials, billboards or even outside their business.
On Facebook and Twitter, they both have areas where you can advertise your business. One way is through the use of promoted posts or paying others to tweet a message about your business. The other way to do this is by being a featured trend on Twitter or advertising on the sidebar on Facebook.
Add Social Buttons to Your Website
One of the best ways to get more people going to your page is through your existing website. If you have a site with traffic but no links to your social pages, how do people even know you have a page? Getting people to share or like a post on your website is also a huge help to your business, as it tells other potential customers that real people recommend it.
These five tips are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to social media. The beautiful thing about this industry is that there are tons of different methods to get more people to visit your page and get involved. Be creative and don’t be afraid to have a little fun with it and in no time, your social media following will grow out of control!
100+ Ways to Benefit from Outsourcing with Our
Virtual Assistant Services When being Coached or Getting Marketing Help
Check out the dozens of ways our virtual assistant services can help with your projects. Many popular ways they can help include:
ACCOUNTING AND BOOKKEEPING
• creating and sending invoices to clients
• posting / logging monthly transactions into spreadsheets / bookkeeping software
• balancing and reconciling account statements and books (credit cards, loans, checking, savings, Paypal, eBay, etc.)
• sending payment reminders
• bill paying (for workers, contractors, suppliers, utilities, etc.)
ADMINISTRATIVE / SECRETARIAL SERVICES
• scheduling, confirming & rescheduling appointments
• backing up data regularly
• Completing daily To Do tasks
• regular reminding of important tasks and dates
• sending out the appropriate cards or gifts for special events
• managing lists of necessary office supplies and ordering refills
• coordinating and following up with travel plans
• coordinating other workers / outsource / virtual assistants and other helpers
DATABASE AND CLIENT MANAGEMENT
• keying in data into spreadsheets / database (business cards, telesales info, etc.)
• sending introductory, sales, referral, follow up and other business communications and materials (example: to new prospects, leads, clients)
• sending scheduled materials out as well (holiday promos, birthday cards, etc.)
• tracking marketing efforts and summarizing the results in a report
• contacting your leads and lists for missing contact information
• sending faxes
• emailing newsletters (ezines), announcements and broadcasts
EMAIL & MAIL SERVICES
• reviewing mail and email for sorting and deleting
• responding to help desks / support and other communications
• forwarding & tracking items to you and / or your clients
• order fulfillment, preparing packages and mailing out items
• setting up and maintaining blogs, websites, forums and other means of online presence
• establishing and growing your newsletter / ezine and subscription database
• posting announcements and newsletter / ezine issues to your subscriber base / list
• completing Internet research
• writing, recording, editing, revising and submitting content to publishers online & off (articles, press releases, audio, video, podcasts, etc.)
• writing, revising, posting online and printing out of resumes and cover / introduction letters
• reviewing candidates’ resumes and summarizing each for your review
• helping plan, create, coordinate and instruct about your products, services, business procedures, etc. with helpers / workers, staff and client training.
• preparing PowerPoint presentations
• preparing workshop / seminar participants beforehand with materials
• working after presentations with follow up materials
• summarizing results in a report
• Hosting live eBay workshops and live, digital and / or virtual writing, marketing and other business courses & workshops, plus project tutoring and consulting.
PRODUCT CREATION & MARKETING SERVICES (ONLINE & OFF)
• articles, press releases, & other content creation & revision, submission, posting & more; for example, think press release marketing, article marketing, YouTube videos, podcasts, columns, and more + follow up services for maximum outreach
• creating of private label rights (PLR) materials; i.e. ghostwritten items that you can slap your name and branding on and call your own: ebooks, reports, articles, blogging, videos, audio, podcasts, etc.
• marketing for your products, services and events, staying in your budget range for promotions online and off – from connecting and reaching out via SEO (search engine optimization) to press releases with follow up phone calls and more.
• placing follow up faxes, emails, sales calls
• creating and mailing feedback and other surveys and questionnaires
• gathering testimonials, tracking the responses
• blogging, forum posting, using eBay, Craigslist, Social Networking, MySpace, Squidoo, Hubpages, Knols, OnlyWire and many other means to spread the word online.
• summarizing project work in reports
• public domain work: making derivatives, packaging and promotions
• creating products and selling them on eBay auctions (like digital files on CDs), also selling all sorts of other items on eBay, as an eBay Trading Assistant
• link building activities
• link exchanges, content / article marketing, rewriting, spinning, blogging, bookmarking, one way links, directory submissions (manual or automated), Web 2.0 ( Facebook, Twitter, etc.) / Hubpages / Squidoo / Linkvana / Google Knols Work, classified ads, more.
PRINTING AND PUBLISHING
• designing and printing brochures, matching letterhead, business cards and other marketing items
• creating designs for and ordering labels, letter head, flyers, pens, pencils and other promotional items
• crafting content & / or gathering it including interviewing, researching stats and quotes, laying out, printing and mailing newsletters / ezines (online & off)
• designing, printing and mailing out awards, certificates, handouts, CDs and more for workshop & seminar attendees
• researching travel plans, destinations, hotels, car rentals and more
• researching affiliate programs, joint ventures and partners to team up with for your projects and then following up and reaching out to them to hook up.
• finding info for catering, presentations, speeches, apparel, and more
• fact finding for your reports, quotes, stats, articles, ebooks, presentations, speeches, videos, audios, podcasts and more…
• learning about decorating, entertainment, party / host gift ideas
• gathering clips of published articles (online and off)
• performing library research, updating media lists
TELEPHONE AND FAX SERVICES
• Cold calling, telemarketing and lead generation work
• forwarding important messages via email, text messaging or other means
• retrieving voice messages and replying and / or coordinating responses with your team so that you know that things are taken care of while you are busy elsewhere with other things
• using word processing to key in / type letters, articles, ebooks, memos, etc. from recordings or other note formats
• typing of reports, video and audio scripts, workshop / seminar notes and more from recordings or other note formats
• extra services like editing, proofing, spell and grammar check, conversion of documents; for example, to Adobe PDFs, PowerPoint slides, Microsoft Word.
There was a time when most experts – such as speakers, trainers, consultants and thought leaders – delivered one-off face-to-face programs, and nothing else. A few – the smart few – complemented their programs with electronic products, but they were in the minority. Now it’s the other way around. Clients and audiences expect more than just a keynote, just a training workshop or just a coaching session. It’s fast becoming the norm that you’ll send your audience a pre-event survey before your keynote, or offer a follow-up webinar to your training course, or provide password-protected resources for your coaching clients. If you don’t offer this form of “e-learning”, you’ll fall behind other competitors who do offer this and more.
Why e-learning is not just an option, but a necessity.
There are five key reasons why you should be adding e-learning options to your business now – not just because they’re attractive, but because they’re now essential:
- Clients expect more. In the past, you could be a “hit and run” presenter, who waltzes in, delivers a keynote, acknowledges the standing ovation, and leaves. That’s no longer an option. Clients expect you to deliver more – much more – than just your standard face-to-face time with them. If you don’t deliver it, they’ll find somebody else who will.
- The world is flat. In Thomas Friedman’s book of this name, he talks about the rising middle class throughout the world. These are the people who can create and deliver the same value you deliver, but do it faster, cheaper and more effectively with e-learning.
- The tools are accessible. Even amateurs can create blogs, YouTube videos, on-line forums, even entire e-learning sites. Yes, they are amateurs, and some of their products are amateurish. But your clients don’t necessarily see it that way. Rather, they see other people offering e-learning technology, and wonder why you don’t.
- Your speaking fee is insignificant. You know how you’re always struggling to get clients to accept your fee? In fact, your fee is insignificant when compared with the cost of the lost productivity of their people who attend your events. E-learning allows them to learn from their office desks – and sometimes even their homes. This productivity gain is worth many times more than what they pay you.
- You won’t be seen as serious. When I first started showing clients how to use e-learning technology, 12 years ago, it was a significant point of difference and a strong selling point. Now it’s significant if you don’t offer it – and a strong point against you.
Four Overlooked Benefits of Telemarketing
(and How to Make the Most of Them)
Whenever I can, I include telemarketing as part of a comprehensive lead-generation program. When it comes to setting sales appointments, populating a database with decision-maker names, or filling seats at an event, there’s no contact method that’s more direct or more effective. The results of telemarketing are usually measurable, too, which is also a rare benefit for any campaign tactic.Here are four primary benefits to telemarketing that are often overlooked, but can help you derive even more value from your calling programs.
1. Get in on the ground floor with a new customer
Ongoing telemarketing gives you the opportunity to be that incumbent. Cold-calling enables you open a dialogue with the new, undiscovered people, often before they’ve even begun the buying process. Telemarketing is a very direct method of identifying those people.When you’re in an account first, you can be the one to educate them, help them set benchmarks, and even help them format their RFP. It may be a long and nurturing process, but it can yield a lucrative relationship.
2. Generate key customer and marketplace data
If you have a strategic, targeted list of prospects, your telemarketing operation can help fill in some of the blanks in your database with key information. This information can then be used to focus your future sales and marketing communications. For example, you can generate data of a prospect’s usage of competitive products or services. Eventually, you can segment your database and target specific campaigns to specific situations for greater impact.You can also arm your callers with a few key questions that you would like to have answered. As they log the answers, you’re generating your own primary research.
3. Build brand awareness
Particularly for companies without a significant market presence, telephone contact can serve as another awareness enhancement of your company or brand name.
This is where voicemail becomes your friend. While voicemail suffers the same risk of “trigger-finger delete” as unsolicited emails, some people do listen, at least long enough to hear the company name and the primary message. At best, they’ll hear your offer, your message and your brand/company name. At least, they’ll hear your brand name, which is an impression you wouldn’t have had otherwise.
4. Test your materials and your message
Feedback from your telemarketers can give you an indication of how well your current marketing materials are penetrating your audience, and whether your message is actually being received.You can use calling campaigns to test your new ideas. Change your message, your offer, or your approach and then track your numbers during the month, and see whether the new messaging has made a difference in your results.
Give Away Something Free To Get More Clients
Every entrepreneur can make more money by giving something away for FREE. It is something that you don’t have to create, you don’t have to buy, and something you already have. It’s your expert knowledge. If you are an entrepreneur or business owner, you have expert knowledge about something. It may be your product, your service or industry, but you can use this expert knowledge to attract people and turn them into paying customers. Expert knowledge is one of the most cost-effective tools you can use to promote your business and make more money. One of the best ways to do this is to give away your special knowledge for free. One of the most cost-effective ways to make more money is to give away your special knowledge for free. I don’t mean sell the whole farm, but provide enough information so your potential clients feel educated about the process of purchasing your product or service.
Here’s A few ideas….
• Offer a complimentary consultation session
• Do a periodic survey of existing customers to see how everything is going, if they have any questions, to gauge their level of satisfaction, and to see if there is any other way you can be of assistance
• Write some website white papers that provide more detailed information
• Write an article for your local newspaper or a valued website
• Offer a toll free technical support line
• Host a free “How to” seminar for your prospective customers
• Find out what trade publications your customers read and offer to write an article for them
• Do a call-in radio program online each week or month
• Have a Q&A section on your website
Try a few of these ideas to get new clients for your company and see how your client list grows!